Monday Inspirations - Billionaire's Club, Tory Burch


This morning I woke up to an article on Forbes for this year's 'World's Richest Women of 2013' and was pleasantly surprised to see that Tory Burch has now joined this club! Why is this important, well because it has always been men who dominate this list.  Of the 1,426 people on the new 2013 list, just 138 are women which is 40 more than last year. That's fantastic! I cannot wait for the day when we stop noticing this huge gap between the amount that men earn vs women and it stops being a topic of discussion.

Let's see what Ms. Burch has done to get here:

1. She was born into money as her parents were Reva and Ira Earl "Bud" Robinson. Her mom  Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando. Her father, who was a wealthy investor dated Grace Kelly and Joan Bennett. Not too shabby!

2. She was first married to William Macklowe, son of a real-estate tycoon. Then later married Christopher Burch who was an investor in Internet Capital Group. She is now single and has been linked to dating Lance Armstrong amongst other high-profile people.

3. She started her fashion line in 2004 and it was immediately accepted by both high-profile women as Oprah as well as the average soccer mom for it's easy wear and contemporary look.

4. In 2008, she founded the Tory Burch Foundation which provides economic opportunities to women and their families.

I really look up to this lady because of her simplicity when she's interviewed, for her artistic capabilities, her keen eye for design and for being an awesome business woman who gives back to other women.

Congratulations Tory!




1 lovely comments:

  1. STUNNING POST AND LOOK!do you want to follow eachother?
    I wait for you for a new relaxed post!
    Federica smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day and I try my very best to respond to each and every comment but if you have a question please feel free to email me at houseofhemingway@gmail.com. I may answer quicker from my iphone ;) or tweet me!

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

House of Hemingway All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger